Stroll through history in the archaeological site of Pergamon and Asclepion…
Morning pick up from hotels.
– Departure for Pergamon;
The main function of city was social and cultural as much as it was sacred. Built on a conical hill rising 1,000 feet above the surrounding valley, Pergamum is home to two of the country’s most celebrated archaeological sites: Pergamum’s acropolis and Asclepion are both listed among the top 100 historical sites on the Mediterranean.
We will see the famed library, the terrace of the spectacularly sited hillside theater, the main palace, the Altar of Zeus, and the propylaeum of the Temple of Athena. In the early Christian era, Pergamum’s church was a major center of Christianity and was one of the Seven Churches of Revelation.
After the lunch drive to Asclepion;
– Asclepion (Galen born & educated in Pergamum, was the authority of European medicine from the 2nd century until renaissance. He was the founder of the health principles of diet, relaxation, exercise)
Visit the ancient hospital & health center.
End of the tour, drive back to hotels.
What is included?
– Entrance tickets
– Professional licensed guiding
– Transportation by luxury, A/C , non smoking vans with experienced drivers
What is excluded?
– International or Domestic Flights
– Personal Expenses
– Beverages at lunch
– Tips to guide and driver (optional)
– Anything unless specified as included in itinerary
€80.00 per person in small group tour.
Please ask for private tour price!