Popular Holiday Destinations in Turkey
Popular Holiday Destinations in Turkey
1) Bodrum, Mugla
Of course, Bodrum is at the top of our list of holiday destinations. Perhaps the most well-known and popular place of holiday destinations is Bodrum. When we bring together the words sea, sand and sun in Turkey, the first place that comes to our minds is Bodrum for most of us.
Of course, it would be unfair to associate Bodrum, which is a vibrant district in all four seasons, with the summer season only. Despite this, it is an accepted fact that the population in the region increases by an average of 10 times during the summer season.
In Bodrum, formerly known as Halicarnassus, you will find not only the sun, the sparkling sea or the wide beaches, but also the footprints of thousands of years of history and the mystery of mythology. Bodrum Castle, which was entitled to receive the title of "The Best Museum of the Year" for a while, is located at the very heart of the district.
What to do in Bodrum?
- If we say that one of the 7 wonders of the world is in Bodrum… Do not miss the opportunity to see the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, which was built in the name of King Maussollos, who died in 377 BC.
- Go to Bitez Beach, which has 700 meters of coastline and 20 meters of beach width, and enjoy the sea and sun like a sheet.
- You must have heard that Zeki Müren is from Bodrum. Then, when you come to Bodrum, do not leave without visiting the Zeki Müren Art Museum.
- Explore Dibeklihan Culture and Art Village, where you can always find an event, talk, exhibition or screening.
- If you want to conquer Bodrum from the inside, join daily boat tours. You will feel that you are embracing the whole Bodrum from the sea.
When you have the opportunity from the sea, be sure to stop by the Underwater Archeology Museum and the Ancient Theatre. Bodrum, one of the largest districts of Muğla, draws attention with its nightlife, especially where tourists make their presence felt.
You can contact us or send an e-mail for the hotels we will offer you in Bodrum.
2) Marmaris, Mugla
Marmaris, one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in Turkey, which has never lost its popularity for years, is a favorite of not only domestic but also foreign tourists.
It is a fact that Marmaris and its surroundings, which attract attention with its clear coves and clean beaches surrounded by forests, have hosted many civilizations since ancient times. For this reason, we will talk about beautiful historical places as well as beaches and coves.
See the clean beaches of İçmeler Beach, Turunç Public Beach, Uzunyalı Beach, Cleopatra Island / Sedir Island Beach and Orhaniye / Kızkumu Beach. Since each one is in different places and has different qualities, we recommend that you do a thorough research before going to the one you want. For example, Turunç Public Beach is ideal for diving tourism because it has underwater caves.
It also attracts attention with its nightlife.
You can contact us or send an e-mail for the hotels we will offer you in Marmaris.
What to do in Marmaris?
- Go to Bördübet Bay, Kumlubük Bay and Boncuk Bay, which are among the famous bays. There are also facilities in Boncuk Bay.
- Here is the symbol of Marmaris, here is Marmaris Castle. Apart from this museum (Marmaris Museum), Archeology Hall, Ethnography Hall and art gallery are waiting for you.
- Hafsa Sultan Caravanserai, a relic from the Ottoman Empire, is one of the places you should see with its architecture.
- For diving lovers, it is the favorite of those who want to take pictures with the shrimps and cardinal fish in the Chimney Cave.
- Go to Marmaris Carpet Ahmet Urkay Museum, which has statues, ornaments, rugs, wooden items and much more from ancient civilizations.
- The Old Bazaar, also known as the Historical Bedesten, located in the central market, is a bazaar where you can shop for leather, silk, carpets and fabrics, as well as local delicacies such as honey and jam. You can go there and buy gifts for your loved ones.
- Take a walk to the Ancient City of Amos on Asarlık Hill and enjoy the views that Amos offers you.
3 )Alacati, Izmir
If we were to make a list of holiday resorts as "Best Breaking Places", we would undoubtedly see no place other than Çeşme at the top.
Alaçatı's share in this unstoppable rise of Çeşme is indisputable. Alaçatı, which used to be at the forefront only with windsurfing, is now the indispensable address of summer holidays.
Alaçatı, which is approximately 90 km from İzmir, welcomes you with the windmills, which are the symbol of this place, along the way.
A colorful summer holiday awaits you in Alaçatı, with its boutique hotels, extremely stylish venues, the fierce sea and authentic bazaar that surf enthusiasts can't give up. Olive oil dishes and delicious Alaçatı cookies will appeal to your taste buds.
What to do in Alaçatı?
- When you come to Alaçatı, do not miss the windmills, which are the symbol of this place. Windmills, which have a history of 150 years, attract great attention from tourists.
- Each resort town has a small or large bazaar; however, Alaçatı's bazaar is far above expectations. Do not look for another place for shopping, you can be sure that you will find everything you are looking for in Alaçatı bazaar.
- If you want to remember the colorful stone houses when you return home, take lots of photos here.
- If you come across it, watch the surfing competitions here.
- Participate in the Alaçatı Herb Festival, which has a record number of participants every year.